Here it is:
| This is the front. |
| This is the back. |
I decided to make a picnic type blanket because we don't have one and i figured it didn't have to be quite as big as a quilt for a bed. Seemed like a good starter. I also decided to do a rag quilt because I thought it would be easier. It definitely is easy, if you can sew a straight line you can make a rag quilt, but easier does not necessarily mean it takes a shorter amount of time! I honestly worked on this every day for the past 3 weeks. But I had a lot of fun! I chose to do red, white and blue b/c I guess 4th of July makes me think of BBQs and picnics. Plus I think it's a really cute color scheme. I should have done some more close up pictures so you can see the fabric better. I love it.
Now I can say I accomplished one of my goals for 2011. I wanted to have it done by summer but I got so into it I finished it in 3 weeks. Now what should I make?
It looks great. Way to go accomplishing your goals :)
ReplyDeleteWhoa... I am seriously impressed. I mean, seriously!
ReplyDeleteThat quilt looks amazing. I have fabric to make some matching quilts for Ryan and Andrew but I haven't even started on them. Maybe you could come up and give me some pointers. Way to go!
ReplyDeleteVery cute- I love the front! And the colors look really good altogether :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the color scheme. That is the perfect summer blanket. Awesome job!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Shel!! :) You did a FABULOUS job!! What a fun & fancy summer/picnic blanket!! :) :) Huge high fives comin to you!! :) & HI Shel Shel from your HUGE fan Mason :)
ReplyDelete