This year I have quite a few goals I want to accomplish... of course you already know my first one (as mentioned before), eating healthy & exercising. I must say, so far it is going great! I honestly feel much better, have more energy, and I've even lost a little weight :). My favorite way to workout is Just Dance 2 for the Wii (so happy I got Dan a Wii for x-mas)... it's this dancing game and I swear I sweat way more doing that game than I ever do at the gym (sorry, maybe TMI). I love it and I haven't even gotten bored of it, I just keep playing cuz it's fun and a great workout at the same time.
And my other goals, in no particular order...
1. Read more books (any good suggestions???)
2. Make a quilt
3. Learn graphic design (i've already started learning photoshop for this one!)
4. Grow my own vegetables (so far I plan on growing tomatoes, haven't decided what else to try... and i live in an apartment, so it's not like i have much space)
5. Take a community class... in either graphic design, photography or gardening (i haven't decided which one, maybe all three)
6. Buy a house (i'm really gonna need Dan's help on this one)
7. Along with my scripture study, read a conference talk each day (modern day scripture is important too!)
8. Attend the temple each month with Dan
9. Use my talents to do more service
10. Judge others less (i was reminded of this today when i reread Pres. Monson's talk from the General Relief Society Meeting, it is a good one! One thing that really stuck out to me, he said judging and criticism is the opposite of charity. Never thought of it that way before.)
I could really keep going, I have more! Haha... but I think this is enough to keep me busy for now.
I have books to recommend! Lately my favorites have been 'The Help' (best book I have read in a while), 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society' (takes some getting into, but worth it!) I also liked a book called 'Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet' Hope that helps! Excellent goals by the way!
ReplyDeleteI just read Pres. Monson's talk today too and was impressed with it. I need to work on my quick judgment of others. Good goals!
ReplyDelete