January 10, 2011

Magnet tutorial

So a couple of people have requested I put up a tutorial about how to make those magnets. However, I'm not going to, because my sister already did! So instead of retyping it all, here is a link to her blog where she thoroughly explains the process (she also tells how to make the chalk board too). Thanks Jan for letting me steal your tutorial!

Glass marble magnets

Just a few tips, I got all of my supplies at Roberts and my sister in law who made these got her supplies at Michaels. So either place should have the stuff. At Roberts they had two sizes of the glass marbles, I got the larger size (about 1 1/2 in.). The circles we glued on I made on my cricut, I believe I made them 1 1/4 in.

One other thing, I found the glass marbles in like the mosaic section... maybe? I think they might also be in the section where they have glass vases and fake floral, because you can use them to fill vases. That type of thing. I also saw something like them at a really random place, the Down East furniture store (by some vases).

Good luck! And if you have questions I'd be happy to help, but they are pretty easy. It's really just a matter of gluing cute paper on the back of flat glass marbles :)

No comments:

Post a Comment