January 3, 2011

Christmas

Ok I am finally getting around to blogging about Christmas. It has been a busy past few weeks, but I am excited for this new year! As for Christmas it started out a week before Christmas when Dan told me he got me too many presents so he wanted me to open half of them. And so I did...
Early Christmas for me!
And then for real Christmas we drove up to my parent's house in Saratoga Springs. We had family dinners, went to see movies, played games, and enjoyed a party with my high school friends... but I didn't really take pictures of any of that. The only pictures I snapped were Christmas morning.

Dan with his Wii. He was excited and I really surprised him! He didn't give me any ideas of what he wanted for Christmas but I figured how could I go wrong with video games? Plus it's a fun thing to do together. I'm not big into video games, but Wii actually has some games that don't take much skill. Meaning I occasionally beat Dan at them :).

My Dad opening presents. We got him Toy Story 3. He never saw it because he was on a mission, so we figured we'd get him up to date on the good movies that came out while he was away.

My mom holding a picture of her grandkids. She loves presents like this!

Christmas morning! Dan got me a Bosch. Which I love! I have already used it a lot. I told him I wanted a Bosch or a Kitchenaid, I didn't care which one. He went with the Bosch because it has a blender attachment and Kitchenaid doesn't (we really needed a new blender!). It is also more compact and I don't have much space in my kitchen right now. So it's perfect. If you are looking into getting a mixer I would highly recommend Bosch. They are known for lasting forever! :)

I took a picture of these cute treats my sister in law, Katie, put on top of our present from them. Thanks again, Tim & Katie & Chase & Riley! My sister in law is seriously so amazing at making the cutest things in the kitchen.

Last picture, Dan playing with the top my Dad gave him. My Dad got them for all of the boys b/c not many people have tops anymore or know how to throw them. Dan has wanted to learn so it was a great gift for him! He's getting better at it.
We had a really fabulous Christmas and it was especially great to spend Christmas with my parents, who I was not able to see the past 2 Christmases due to their mission. Thanks for letting us stay at your home, mom & dad! I really feel blessed that we were able to spend time with great family and friends and that we were able to afford such nice gifts. Life is good! I hope all of you had an amazing Christmas spending time with your loved ones too.

3 comments:

  1. I seriously love my Bosch! I'm glad you got a Bosch instead of a Kitchen Aid mixer :) Glad you had a nice Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it was a fabulous Christmas. Thanks for making it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, I love that I got a shout out on your blog. You are so welcome! Glad you guys had a great christmas :)

    ReplyDelete