January 5, 2011

Healthy Snacks

Like many people, Dan and I have a New Year's Resolution to get in better shape.  We are starting to eat healthier (which means mostly cutting out desserts and things made from white flour) and exercise nightly (at least during the weekdays, weekends are a different story...).  Anyhow, I have been looking for healthy snack ideas because I am a big snacker.  I prefer to eat smaller meals frequently (which is actually better for you).  So... anyone out there have any suggestions of healthy snack ideas?  I'd love to hear them!

While shopping I found these:

Bunny Snacks!  I thought I'd show them to all of you, especially you parents who are looking for something a little healthier for your kids.  Granted they are probably not super healthy, but they are all natural (no preservatives) and contain whole wheat.  They are similar to teddy grahams but, I would think, better for you.  They have other flavors and sell cheddar bunnies too (similar to goldfish).  So I bought some... for me :).  And they taste good!  I just got them at Walmart and they are pretty comparable in price to the other brands.

So... any other healthy snack choices?  Feel free to share ideas in the comments section.  It would be greatly appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE bunnies!!! We get a huge box at Costco. So yummy. And I'm not very good with healthy snacks. String cheese is a favorite though, good protein and pretty low in calories. Also I love apples. And clementines in season. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fruit/nut mix, apple with peanut butter or cheese, fruit smoothie, veggie with a dip, hummus and whole wheat crackers, fruit leather, popcorn with little butter, chips and salsa, a hard boiled egg...I will have to think of more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is late, but I was looking at BYU Wellness and found a list of healthy snacks. I didn't look at them too closely, and I am not sure if this link will work or if you have to log in, but look at these (some sound better than others): http://wellness.byu.edu/content.php?id=33

    ReplyDelete