March 29, 2011

Swimmer's ear

I don't really like to complain, but i have to because my ear hurts SOOOOOOOO bad!!!!  And it's my blog, so i can do what i want :).  Anyway just yesterday i started having a lot of ear pain.  I figured it would go away so i just did some random home remedies to help.  Some of them kind of took the pain away temporarily, but it just kept on hurting.  I really was trying to avoid the doctor because we don't have health insurance.  I mean... we applied over 2 months ago when Dan started his new job and we STILL don't have it!  Something really is wrong with the healthcare in the country.  But anyway, last night at about 8 i could no longer stand the pain (eating dinner even hurt).  I looked up the instacare hours and luckily they were open til 9.  So we went and we paid $100.  It was worth it though because the doctor said i have swimmer's ear (an infection that needs to be treated and would only get worse without antibiotics... i can't imagine how it could feel any worse though).  It hurts more than the ear infections lots of people get when they are kids (the doctor even said so).  I was confused because i haven't been swimming in a while (it's been at least a few weeks), but you can still get swimmer's ear without swimming.  It's an infection in the ear canal and i honestly feel like my ear canal is swollen shut!  haha... i can barely hear out of it.  Anyway the doctor was very nice and instead of making me go buy the prescription (which would have been another $100), he gave me free samples of ear drops to clear it up.  Hooray!  I started taking the ear drops last night and i'm hoping they work soon.  Ok that's it, done with my complaining.  Thanks for reading :).

Now i'm going to go watch that movie "You Again" which i have had from Netflix for like 2 weeks now.  I'm justifying sitting and watching a movie today and doing nothing because i don't feel good :).

3 comments:

  1. So sorry about the swimmers ear, and the $100. Insurance is such a pain! It took us forever to get Logan on the insurance, even though we did everything right and submitted the paperwork. Lame! I never pay a bill either until I know why I have to pay it, sometimes I swear they just send you random bills to see if you will pay. Anyway, glad you got to watch "You Again!" I loved that movie! Hope you like it, and thanks for your well wishes on my blog. We are hanging in there. Hopefully we can see you guys this summer. I want to come down to St. George to see Little Mermaid and Grease.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon! That sounds really painful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your new ear drops do the trick!

    ReplyDelete