June 9, 2010

this week...

This week has not been the best week of my life. Why? Because Dan has been in Seattle on a business trip and I have been here. I had all these plans of shopping, errands, making crafts, cleaning, etc. in order to keep myself busy while he was away. But guess what? I did none of these things. Why? Because I had a very unwanted visitor... named... the Stomach Flu. So instead, what did I do? Let's see... I spent way too much time in the bathroom (I'll spare you the gruesome details), I laid on the couch, I laid on my bed, I slept, I drank a lot of gatorade, I ate soup, I ate crackers, I slept some more, I watched tv, I watched movies, I did not wear makeup, I did not do my hair, I missed Dan, and one day I got enough energy to walk out to get the mail and to see the light of day. That has been my past two days. But I do have to say I have a great family, because Monday my sisters came and took care of me and watched a movie with me and Tuesday my brother and his wife fed me (once my stomach could handle it) and my sister-in-law watched Gilmore Girls with me. Those were the best times of the last two days... that and the times I got to talk to Dan. But... I'm sure glad today is here because I woke up feeling good and Dan comes home! And I'm going to a carnival (more to come on that later). I might even go shopping, run errands, clean my house and do crafts. So goodbye stomach flu, you can leave now!

p.s. Side note, I'm pretty sure any time Dan goes out of town, something bad happens to me! Luckily he doesn't leave town often. But last year I got into a car accident and this year I was sick! I guess he can never leave again, unless I'm with him :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh sad! That's awful! Yeah, he better not leave again or something else will happen. :) I hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are feeling better! What a major bummer that you got sick. I hope you and Dan can make up the time together and do something really fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are feeling better! I hate it when Andrew leaves...its like a part of you is seriously missing!

    ReplyDelete