October 2, 2008

Halloween Decorations

Ok so, Tuesday night Dan had a volleyball game and I didn't really want to go (due to an earlier incident of being smacked in the face), so I decided that I would go get my Halloween decorations while he was at his game! Such a good idea! I figured I would see what I could find at some nearby stores. This is how my shopping went:

First I went to Shopko, but there wasn't much there and most of it was expensive or not cute.

I then decided to go to the dollar store because it was right around the corner. Everything at the dollar store was ugly or smelled weird (which i should have expected of the dollar store anyway).

I then went to ANOTHER dollar store (not sure why, it just happened to be on the way) and still there was just junk.

So my last stop was Smith's the grocery store, because I had noticed a halloween isle there while grocery shopping. Anyway, at Smith's a sketchy man was in the Halloween isle and he was yelling at someone on his cell phone, so I pretty much avoided the isle.

Needless to say, my shopping trip was completely pointless and i was kind of upset. What a waste of time! I then picked up Dan from his game and I think he was surprised to find out that i had spent $0!

But don't worry, this story does have a happy ending... last night, Dan and I decided to go to a REAL craft store to see if we would have better luck. Since Robert's Craft is fairly close to our house and I had a coupon there, we decided it was the best place. So we went and they had tons of isles of Halloween decorations! And they were CUTE!!! I was soooooo excited! I kept on grabbing things from every isle (it was Halloween decoration shopping heaven!)... and the best part is that all of the decorations were %50 off! So we got lots of cute decorations and put them up in our house! Yay Halloween! So for those of you wondering where to get Halloween Decorations, I highly suggest Robert's Craft!

And thank you to my fabulous husband for funding the trip :)

2 comments:

  1. Another great place to get any holiday decorations is Khols. They are inexpensive and pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love decorations more than anything! Roberts, Michaels, and Kohls (sorry for parroting Jessica) are the best places to find them. Target is usually good too, but this year they had a disappointing selection of Halloween items...

    ReplyDelete