So the other night i was driving home from the store and i was totally craving popcorn! Dan and i were planning on watching a movie that night anyway, so i figured it would be perfect :) we got this new popcorn popper for our wedding, so i was excited to try it out.
i got home, pulled out the popcorn popper and the popcorn that came with it. i've never used popcorn like this, because it came with oil and apparently was "just like the movie theater". so i poured it all in the popcorn popper-- that is, kernels and oil. i then plugged it in anticipating the delicious buttery popcorn, but no... suddenly smoke started rushing out of the popper! i sorta freaked and was like "i don't think it's supposed to do that!" so then Dan bravely unplugged it!
well apparently you are not supposed to put the oil in with the kernels... who knew?! i guess i should have read the directions beforehand. so anyway, we had a smoke filled kitchen, a mess (oil everywhere!), and no popcorn :( i was in complete distress.
luckily i looked in our cupboard and found microwave popcorn! i was so happy! as i was unwrapping the package i saw the expiration date... april 2008. gross! expired popcorn! so i threw it out!
needless to say, we ended up not having any popcorn that night. and now i have a broken popcorn popper. not really sure what to do with it. any suggestions???
Michele---this is what I love about you...I never knew what you were going to do next!!! That is so funny, and sad about the popcorn popper! I would take a gift card to Target and get another, if you are out of gift cards...I'd get some fresh microwave popcorn until a new popper fits in the budget! I think you're great!
ReplyDelete