Guess what? Only a week and a half left until summer break! I am getting so excited. I am ready for a break. I have lots of projects in mind for summer.
The end of the year has actually been really fun at work though. We are past all the academic stuff and pretty much just do fun stuff every day. Yesterday we had a water party for the kindergarten. The kids had so much fun! My job was to spray the hose for the slip and slide. I ended up spraying a lot of the kids and they thought it was hilarious. Then today the kindergarten had a penny store. They all bring stuff to sell and pennies to buy other kid's stuff. The teachers even buy a few things. I scored a brand new bottle of bath and body works lotion for 4 cents! Best deal ever! Next week we don't even have kindergarten (they just having testing), and since majority of the kids I work with are in kindergarten, I won't have to go in very much. I am however going to swim day with two of our kids. It should be interesting! Every grade gets their own swimming day except kindergarten (thus the water day). We're also having an ice cream party in the special ed room next week because we have a little girl who loves chocolate ice cream! She is always talking about it and one of her favorite games is to make us ice cream cones out of play dough, so we decided it's time we have real ice cream! End of the year is so fun!
As for my summer projects, in case you are wondering what they are... sewing pillows and skirts, a few crafty home projects, cleaning out my closet, updating our 72 hour kits, working on food storage, making freezer jam, and once that's all done, i'll look at my pins on pinterest and actually do some of the things i've seen on there. I also have plans to do a zumba class a couple of times each week and hopefully go to the temple every week. My friend also wants to start water aerobics at our pool in the mornings. Plus I've got summer shows (i.e. SYTYCD!) We've also got a few trips planned. Can't wait for summer!
I am pretty much inspired/jealous about everything in this post! I wish we had more of those fun days in our kindergarten. We have other things, but nothing quite as cool as water day (then again, it is much warmer down here than up here). I also like all your summer project plans. I think I might just follow your lead and do (almost) all of those things, you know, minus the working out :)
ReplyDeleteI finally read your blog! I love the backyard! And City Creek looks awesome! Miss you!
ReplyDelete