So... my husband is pretty awesome. He recently came up with a great idea to help the church online. In his job he does what is called Search Engine Optimization. Basically it helps websites get found. For example... when you search for something in Google, you usually find what you are looking for on the first or second page. I mean really, how many times do you look through more than 2 pages of google? I know I don't. His job is to help websites make it to the first page of search engines, otherwise they just get lost in cyberspace. His plan is to help members who blog about the church get their websites found. That way when someone searches google (or bing, or whatever search engine you use) about the church, only good information shows up. Because honestly, not all good information currently shows up. If you want more info or have always wanted to start a blog about the church, you should check out his website: Mormon Guard. Or if you're just curious you can check it out because his website explains it all much better than I just did. And if you know people who already do blog about the church, maybe you can pass along his website info to them too :).
This is one of the many reasons i love my husband. He gets an idea & he does something about it. Way to be proactive, Dan! :). But seriously... he's already gotten quite a few members to sign up and i know the idea has been emailed to Elder Ballard as well. Whether he checks his email or not, who knows... Another great thing is my Dad is in charge of all the missionaries online. For those who don't know, many missions are starting to have missionaries blog & get on facebook (seriously missionary work is changing!). My Dad is in charge of all of that, so Dan is really hoping the missionaries can use his website to get all of their blogs ranking in search engines too. This could be a great thing to help spread good info about the church!
Cool! Dan, you should talk to my brother Bryce. He has helped start a website for the company he works for called Ski and See. I bet he could use your help :)
ReplyDeleteThat is very cool! I always wondered how search engines "figured out" what I was typing.
ReplyDelete