Since the beginning of the year Dan and I have really tried to eat a lot healthier. For the most part we have done pretty well. I honestly got to the point where I didn't crave sugar at all. It was fabulous. And when I thought about sweets, they sounded almost too sweet! Shocking, i know! I didn't even know that was possible, but it is. We would occasionally have treats when we had visitors, but I would usually just have a very small portion. And then last night it all changed! Dan was out home teaching and all i could think about were warm chocolate chip cookies! I could not get their image out of my head (which by the way, i have an awesome recipe for and will one day post it). So i figured while Dan was gone I would whip up a batch... in fact i would cut the recipe in half so we wouldn't have as many (that's healthy, right?). I got to my pantry and found no chocolate chips :(. This is what happens when you decide to eat healthy, you just don't buy that stuff anymore.
I waited til Dan got home and i told him i really needed a treat. He told me there were popsicles in the freezer but i said "i need chocolate" (i know, so dramatic). He finally agreed but said i had to find a drive through because he didn't want to go inside anywhere. Which turned out to be perfect because we just happened to have a buy 1 get 1 free blizzard coupon @ the DQ. Yes a blizzard would definitely satisfy this craving.
I ended up getting my favorite blizzard, cookie jar. It is no longer on the menu, but if you ask for it they'll make it. It is the BEST blizzard! It is cookie dough and oreos all in one. Two delicious things for the price of one :). I ate it and i loved it and it for sure helped cure that chocolate craving.
Moral of the story: Cookie Jar blizzards are amazing! That's all :)
I bought frozen cookie dough from a jr. high kid in our ward for his fundraiser. Last night i baked just enough for me to enjoy and a few for Ethan's lunch. Nice thing to have on hand. Oh and when I am trying to eat healthy I usually end up making either oatmeal or no bake cookies. You should have oatmeal on hand if you are eating healthy :) We are excited to see you tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteYou will find that after you have kids it is a lot harder to get rid of cravings than it used to be! When I was pregnant with my boys, I was always so sick...that by the time I could eat and hold things down...I would give in and eat whatever I wanted. That is VERY bad for after you are no longer pregnant :) I would keep the same habits, and they are hard to get rid of! I am hoping baby #3 will be different (not that that is happening anytime soon ;)) Anyway, I am very proud of you two! I am trying to be better as well. I started weight watchers online, and use the app on my phone. I have also been working out consistently. I have lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks! Stay strong!
ReplyDelete