May 3, 2011

Spoiled

Today I am posting about Dan, again!  Because he is just so awesome!  I must start off by saying I am spoiled and I'm not afraid to admit it.  In fact, I like being spoiled :).  I am 100% fine with this.  So here goes my awesome husband story for the day....

Yesterday after Dan got off of work he decided he needed to get me a mother's day present.  I told him I was not a mother and it was not necessary.  But he told me one day I would be a mother, so I needed a present.  I really think he just likes looking for excuses to get me presents :).

Later that night during FHE Dan told me he wanted to give me my mother's day present (he does this every time he gets me a present, he hates waiting to give it to me!).  I told him it wasn't mother's day and i wanted to wait until Sunday to open it.  He proceeded to tell me the sooner I opened it the sooner I could use it.  Eventually I gave in and decided since I wasn't a mother I didn't have to wait until mother's day to open it.  So he brought it out, wrapped like this...

... in a quilt we have.  That is definitely my husband's kind of wrapping job!  I think he is just trying to save the environment by not wasting paper.

I honestly had no idea what to expect.  But he ended up getting me something I am soooo excited about:

 Tennis stuff!  A racket for him, a racket for me, & tennis balls.  I cannot wait to play!  I just barely learned how to play a few weeks ago and I loved it!  The weather is going to be in the 80s and 90s this week so we are really hoping to play a few nights.

Thanks Dan for the tennis stuff!!!  You win the best husband ever award :).   

3 comments:

  1. So fun! I love tennis, it's seriously the best sport ever! Don't you love living in a warm climate? It makes me so sad when my family tells me it's still snowing in Northern Utah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Hope you guys have fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love tennis!! We haven't played pretty much since we had kids, but we should play doubles sometime! (If we're ever in the same city that is.)

    ReplyDelete