I feel so bad, last week my in laws were here and I didn't take any pictures! We had fun with them though and were excited they came to visit. I think their favorite part of St. George was Nielsen's Frozen Custard, we went there both nights they were here! We also drove them around and showed them the sites b/c they've never really been to St. George. We also took them to see where our home is going to be built and we enjoyed a nice dinner at a restaurant here that looks out over a golf course. We are happy they came and are looking forward to their next visit (in September where they will get to stay in our new home!)
Also last week my old roommate, Lacey, & her fiance, Ryan, came to visit (not the same days as my in laws though). Luckily with them I did remember to take pictures. We did a lot of things with them we had never done with our guests before, so that was fun. It's always fun checking out new things! First off, they asked us if we played tennis and I said no! I think I've maybe played once. So we went and played tennis at the park by our future house and it was SO MUCH FUN!!! I am not athletic, but i really liked it! It made me want to go out and buy some rackets. Luckily when we get into our new house the tennis courts will be just down the street. I'm also hoping we can find some friends to play doubles with around here. Dan is an excellent teammate (he is athletic) and he probably hit about 75% of our balls. I think that's why I liked playing, we actually won occasionally b/c my team was good! haha.
We also went swimming, which Ryan was really excited about. Got some In-N-Out for lunch. And checked out the St. George Art Festival, which was a lot cooler than I thought it would be. It made me want to buy artwork for our future home. But I figured I would wait to buy next year when we actually have the house.
 |
| @ the Art Festival |
 |
| Engagement photo? No... just the art festival :) |
Then we climbed this awesome spot in St. George that looks over the whole city. It was mine & Lacey's kind of hike, it only took us about 3 minutes to get to the top!
 |
| Their little cave! |
 |
| We made it to the top! |
 |
| High above St. George |
 |
| Our view.... so picturesque! |
That night we came home and dyed easter eggs & watched a movie. Both Lacey & Ryan feel asleep. We definitely wore them out!
 |
| Easter egg time! |
 |
| I feel like I look so tired in this photo, probably because i was! But hey... we look kinda tan :) haha... and it's only April! |
After church (which by the way, Dan played the special musical # in Sacrament) we exchanged easter baskets. Lacey & I then made an easter dinner for the 4 of us. It was a lot of fun to have them here for easter.
We had a great time & we definitely convinced them to move here :). Ryan told us once he finishes getting his MBA (in 2 years) they are moving here! haha... let's hope they really do! They just couldn't get over how perfect the weather was!
We are so excited for them and are looking forward to their wedding in June. They are an awesome couple! They made me laugh b/c they usually hang out w/ single people or people who are just dating so the whole time they would tell us "it's so fun hanging out with you guys and seeing what married life is really like!" Let's hope we were a good example :).
You guys are a great example! It looks like you had an awesome Easter! I want to come visit St. George so bad, I just need warm weather! And it would be so fun to see you guys!
ReplyDeleteSounds like so much fun! Michele...that's awesome you like tennis!! I LOVE tennis! I am sad we didn't realize you love it while we lived by you!! :) :) But hey...now we have another activity we can do while we come visit!! :)
ReplyDeleteLoves! Becky