Well, we made it! We are all moved in here in St. George. Luckily the move went very well. Our kitchen table got scratched, but other than that nothing too drastic happened. Thanks to all of our family and friends who helped us. Especially my parents, we definitely would not have been able to do it without them! I was so worried we wouldn't have help here in St. George, but our prayers were answered and some men from our new ward came and helped out. That is one fabulous thing about the church, it makes it easier to find help in any part of the world :).
Our new apartment is still kind of a mess, but we are getting close to having it all organized. I will probably post some pics once it's all done. I even put up our Christmas decorations tonight. I could not wait any longer!
We attended our new ward today and it has quite the variety of ages, which is nice. Our old ward was very young families and couples. This ward actually has a young womens and young mens. I am excited to be in a ward with a lot of different people. Everyone was super nice too. We had lots of people welcome us to the ward and introduce themselves. We even had some neighbors bring over cookies tonight :). I've never been in such a welcoming ward. So we are excited about that too!
This week on my agenda I plan on organizing the apartment more, buying things for the apartment that we need (hooray for living 5 minutes from Target... I used to live 25 minutes away!), and possibly getting around to Christmas shopping as well.
Friday is Dan's birthday and we have big plans. We are going to dinner and then to the outdoor ice skating rink here. Should be lots of fun!
Another great thing is the weather forecast said it's going to be sunny and in the 50's and 60's all week!
So far St. George is going great! I will for sure keep my blog updated since we won't see friends and family as much anymore. I miss everyone and I miss our condo too, but I am excited about our new adventure here!
Wha?? I didn't know you were moving to SG... how did I miss that?! Next time I come down there I am going to call you so I can come see your cute place! I bet you are lovin the weather!!
ReplyDeleteI am really excited for you! I love that you put up Christmas decorations before anything else. :)
ReplyDeleteWe miss you too!
ReplyDelete