November 5, 2010

Halloween Week

I guess it is time for me to blog about Halloween.  We had quite the Halloween week last week... well mostly me, but Dan was there for some of the festivities.

It started with carving pumpkins on Tuesday night.  

Dan's pumpkin
I cheated
Me carving





Then on Wednesday, I went on a field trip to the pumpkin patch with the kindergarten.  We went to Rowley Farm in Santaquin and it had a cute red barn full of fun things for sale!  The donuts were super good.  I need to take Dan there some time.

With the other kindergarten aid
Friday was the Halloween party & parade at my school.

I was a pumpkin!  The kids really loved it.  Dan insisted on spraying my hair orange :)

That afternoon I went to a 2nd Halloween parade at my nephew's school.  Luckily it is just down the street from my work.

With cute Ryan, the skeleton
Mom was there too
And JanaRae with Andrew
Scary teeth!
Ethan came first dressed as a ninja
Then Jake the vampire,  normally his hair is red!
That night we went to our ward trunk or treat.

We decorated our car.  Most people didn't.  I thought you were supposed to!
And here's the crazy doctor!
That's all the pictures I took, but Saturday night we went to a Halloween Hunt.  We went to different businesses in the area and got clues by text message on our phone.  It was sponsored by my brother-in-laws company and they had a good turnout.  We got lots of great coupons and lots of candy!  The candy was my favorite part.  We also left a bowl out for trick or treaters.  We came home and it was mostly gone!  I'm thinking we had few kids who took lots, not lots of kids who took few.

Sunday I made a yummy Halloween dinner of soup in pumpkin shaped bread bowls, orange jello, carrots & olives, and pumpkin cake.  I love pumpkin cake!  I also love Halloween and this time of year.  It's so fun having Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas all in a row!  We've got lots to look forward to!

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely decorate your car! Isn't that the whole point of the trunk or treat? Okay, the point is to give out candy, but ya know. Way to pioneer the car decorating, you can show 'em how it's done!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes you are supposed to decorate your car! Looks like you guys really enjoyed all the festivities!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun Halloween!! I love your pumpkin - that's totally something I would do too :)

    ReplyDelete