November 22, 2010

TSO

Last week we went to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. I honestly had only heard a few of their songs, but I thought it would be a fun concert. We invited my parents because I knew my dad liked their music. We went to the show and it was crazy! haha... we had a good time though. When we walked in they even traded our tickets for better seats because the show was not sold out. We went to the matinee, so I don't know if the evening show was different. But we got great seats!

When you hear orchestra, you would think all of the music would just be instrumental. But they actually had singing too. I didn't love the singing (i swear one song was at least 10 min. long), but.... all of the instrumental songs were great. They really rocked out and got into it. There was even some headbanging going on! I was not sure if my parents would like it, but they both really did! My favorite parts were the Christmas songs with the cool pyrotechnics and lighting effects.

Here's a few pics from the show...

Cool lights!

During my favorite song (the one I have on the blog playlist)

They came out on these walkways that were right above our heads!

My parents have been telling my siblings about it and it sounds like everyone wants to go next year! Maybe it'll be a big family event next time. All of my brothers/brother-in-laws love electric guitar/rock music... so I think they would really enjoy the show a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment