I'm so excited, I got a new job today! For the past 6 months I have been working for Dan's company writing (part time... very part time...). While working for his company I have casually been looking for jobs. I pretty much just only applied for jobs I was really interested in. I really wasn't desperate, but I did want to find something eventually. Anyway, the summer got busy and I put the job search on hold. Then... the past few weeks I started looking again. I had an interview at one school to work in the office, but I didn't get the position. I was a little frustrated, but continued looking. So... yesterday I found a post on Craig's list for office help in an elementary school in Orem. It didn't even say what school it was, but I figured, why not? So I sent in my resume. That afternoon they called to see if I could interview that night. Wow, that was quick! Haha... I said yes. So, last night I went and met with a lady that worked in the school's administration. It turned out the school was a charter school. I talked to her and we got along great. Once she found out my degree was in Early Childhood Education she asked if I'd be interested in working in a classroom because they had a couple of aid positions open (in special ed. and kindergarten). I was so excited to hear the position was in kindergarten, I love that age group! I told her I'd be happy to work in either position (office or classroom). Anyway, I went home last night feeling good about the interview.
This morning I had an interview to be a secretary with another company, it went ok, but I was hoping to hear back from the school. Right after I got out of my interview I got a phone call from the school! They wanted me to come in for a 2nd interview and a proficiency test. I went in this afternoon to do the skills test and then I met with the director (charter schools don't have principals) and I met with another lady from the office. After talking with the director he asked me if I had to choose would I rather work in the office or the classroom. After deliberating I said the classroom sounded a little more fun. He then sent me down to the kindergarten classroom to meet the teacher to see if we would be a good match. We started chatting and I found out she is from Davis County, just like me! She was super nice and our teaching styles seemed similar. My first interviewer lady then came in and talked to the kindergarten teacher and the teacher said "i think she would be a great fit!" So they offered me the position on the spot! I then gladly accepted.
I am so excited to start working in kindergarten! I think it is going to be an awesome experience. Plus the hours are fabulous (done by 3 every day and done by 12:30 on fridays). Anyway, I start tomorrow. It's so crazy how quickly it all happened! Tomorrow is back to school night and I get to meet the kids too. Yay!
Congrats on your job! I can't wait to hear about the kids... they always say funny things!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! Now how are you going to come help in my classroom? :) I really am excited. We can come up with cute kindergarten ideas!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That is awesome! You will love it and be great at it! And it will be good experience for our preschool :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats! That will be so fun!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Michele! I am so excited for you. You will be absolutely amazing in that position. I know those kids will just adore you!
ReplyDeleteThat is so exciting! What charter school is it? If I ever go back to teaching it would be at a charter or private school I think. Or even something like an online school. My mom and the organization she works for (Parents for Choice in Education) started an online highschool called Open High School of Utah. Their program and teachers are getting all kinds of recognition. Enjoy your job, and I can't wait to hear about how things go :)
ReplyDeletewoohoo!! so exciting! i am so glad you will be in the classroom! the office one sounded fun too, but i am sure you will love the classroom one more and you will have WAY more funny stories. :) good luck!! :)
ReplyDeleteYay Michele! I'm so happy for you! You will do great!
ReplyDeleteSuper Congrats!
ReplyDelete