August 19, 2010

back to school

Wow, thanks for all of your nice comments on my last post! I guess I left out a few details (sorry i was typing fast last night so we could go out and celebrate). Anyway... I didn't even mention the school's name! Haha. I will be working at Noah Webster Academy in Orem. Technically they call me a paraprofessional.

So today was my first day. After sitting through some long training that really had nothing to do with me, I got to help set up the classroom. Pretty much I just do whatever the head teacher asks me to do. She already has lots in mind to keep me busy. She was so funny, every teacher she introduced me to she said... "this is Michele, she's my new aid and she's a certified teacher! how did i get so lucky???" It made me laugh. Glad I'm now using my degree :).
I also walked into the office today and the new secretary had just started as well (the original position i had applied for). She was super busy answering phones, helping teachers, etc. I kind of laughed to myself b/c I didn't envy her position at all. Hehehe.
Tonight is back to school night, then training tomorrow, kindergarten assessments next week, and then real school the following week. It should be a lot of fun/busy. One last thing, I was looking at the school year calendar and there are so many vacation days. I was kind of excited :). Pretty much every month I get at least a few days off. I think this job is going to be great!

2 comments:

  1. yay! so exciting! i'm happy that you are liking it and keeping busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you got a job but now I don't have anyone to chat with during the day. :(

    ReplyDelete