Here is a pretty good picture to sum up Claire:
She truly is the Princess of the house, but we wouldn't have it any other way. Some might call us a little obsessed, but it's hard not to be with a face like that! She probably gets tired of us kissing her sweet cheeks all day long. People are constantly telling me how beautiful this girl's big blue eyes are and I completely agree. She is very alert and loves looking around at everything.
This past month Claire has been learning so much! She isn't crawling yet, but is getting very close. She now plays peek a boo with us and is learning to wave. She's also getting her first tooth. Time is really flying! She is very content and smiley most of the time. The minute Dan walks in the room she gives him the biggest smiles. She is a great eater and loves almost everything she has tried. Her new favorite snack are Gerber Puffs. She could probably eat a whole container in one day. Whenever I pull them out of the pantry she kicks her legs and gets so excited. She is so much fun to be around, she brings so much joy into our home. We can't imagine life without her.
Dan is busy maintaining his internet businesses while constantly coming up with new business ideas. He just started his own web design company (www.thundersparkwebdesign.com) and also started a business with his friend selling specialty wrenches (www.cheaterwrench.com). His next big idea is to start a roller rink in St. George. We have gotten lots of feedback from the community saying they would love something like this. St. George is really in need of a place for teens and tweens to hang out. We have a couple fun centers but they kinda stink. Dan has been searching high and low for a building that would work for the roller rink but has so far been unsuccessful. Most buildings are too small or have lots of poles in the middle. Dan has always loved hockey and I'm sure he will eventually find a way to bring it to St. George. Aside from all that business stuff he is busy as a counselor in the Young Men's Presidency in our ward. He comes up with great lessons to keep the deacons interested and he faithfully attends mutual each week. He told me it has been one of his favorite callings so far.
As for me, I am happy being a mom and a wife. I feel like Claire and I are finally in a good routine and I think all my pregnancy/child birth hormones have settled down and I feel like myself again. Claire and I try to go walking almost every day with different friends from the neighborhood. There are tons of babies Claire's age to keep us company. I also watch my friend's girls 2 days a week. They are 3 and 5 and so far it's going really well. They love Claire and constantly want to hug her and hold her. They always say things like "This baby is SO cute!" or "I wish this was MY baby!" They are funny and Claire enjoys being around them. Aside from keeping the baby happy, I try to keep our home in order and I occasionally find time to craft or try one of my many Pinterest pins. I just decorated for Halloween and I am SO excited for the holidays! October is my absolute favorite month because it's my birthday (19 days away) and Halloween. I am starting to get our costumes put together, but you'll have to wait and see what they are. I'm also looking forward to hosting Thanksgiving this year with my side of the family and I can't wait for the Christmas season. I think it'll be even more special this year because it's the first year we get to share it with our baby girl.
That's it for us, life is great!

No comments:
Post a Comment