On Saturday we went to breakfast for my birthday at the Black Bear Diner. If you are ever in town you should go there because they have the yummiest pancakes! Plus they gave me a free birthday meal :). Dan had this awesome surprise planned but unfortunately it didn't work out. His gift to me this year was a glass tile back splash in our kitchen; something I have been wanting ever since we moved in. Well he had planned to have them start to install it while we were at breakfast, then I would come home to it partially done. Unfortunately the tile he picked had to be sent from California and took forever to get here. He even tried to overnight it but they said no. So... he told me about his awesome plan while at breakfast and finally a week later they are starting on our back splash. I will post a pic once it's finished.
After breakfast we came home for the baby to nap. That afternoon my sister, Jannifer, and her husband, Danny, stopped by on their way to Vegas. They joined us for the rest of my birthday festivities that day.
We took Claire to the carousel for her first time:
 |
| She really did like it, even though she never smiled while Dan was taking pictures. |
 |
| Jannifer is clearly having the most fun! I was just trying to make sure Claire didn't fall off the horse. |
That night we went to dinner at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants while Claire stayed at Grammie & Papa Joe's house. Thanks to them and Andrew & Jess and their kids for keeping Claire entertained! I don't even think she noticed we were gone.
We then finished the night off with delicious Sweet Tooth Fairy cupcakes, one of my favorites!
 |
| Happy 27th to me! |
 |
| Delicious and pretty! |
And then of course we played games with Janni and Danny; one of our favorite things to do while guests are in town!
We had such a fun time visiting during your birthday celebrations! Haha, it does look like I'm having such a great time on the carousel. Danny got a picture of Claire smiling on the carousel. It's a little blurry, but very cute. I'll send it to you.
ReplyDelete