December 11, 2012

Dan's 30th

I meant to blog yesterday to say Happy Birthday to Dan!  However, I was so busy getting ready for his big celebration that I didn't have time to blog.  I hardly had time to sit down.  I was busy shopping and baking and cleaning and wrapping presents and all that fun stuff.  But it was worth it and I think Dan had a great birthday!

He turned the big 3-0 so I wanted to make sure it was a special day.  I decided to do a theme where we celebrated all 30 years of his life.  I got 30 presents and they all had to do with his past, present and future.  I even asked his siblings and friends from growing up what he liked when he was a little kid, to make sure I got the right things.  Unfortunately there weren't too many 80s toys out there (maybe I should have gone to DI).  But luckily things like Ninja Turtles and Star Wars are still around.  And if you are wondering, yes it is difficult finding 30 presents! I think I went to every store in town, some more than once.  Amazon was also very helpful in my quest for 30 presents.

I also made a poster of Dan with pictures from his whole life.  Here is a little sample of some of the pics I used:

Isn't he so cute???  I love how light his hair is.  We're thinking we'll have blonde babies :)
Not sure what age, but still cute!
Middle school age!  I told him I would have had a crush on him back then :) haha
High school age... still would have had a crush on him ;)
mission pic!
The first picture of us taken together ever!  We weren't even dating yet. 
And here are a few pics from his party.  We were joined by many great family and friends.  I just wish I would have taken more pictures!  

The cake!  Thank you, Costco.
Opening his 30 presents.  The kids loved helping him!  I wish I would have taken a picture of all 30 before they were opened.  That wrapping was a lot of hard work!
As kids their dad would always make them a 2nd cake just to burn (that's what happens when you have 5 boys).  So I had Dan's dad help me create a cake just for the purpose of burning.  Dan loved it!
Love you, Dan!  Hope you had an amazing birthday!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like Dan's birthday party was so much fun! I loved the 30 presents from his past and present idea! Good job, Shel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Michele! Such a good wife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You are a good wife :) I wish I would have thought of 30 presents. Pretty sure Russ's 30th this year was his most low-key ever. Guess I'll have to do that next year for 31. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete