This morning we went to the doctor and had our big ultrasound. The ultrasound tech immediately knew our baby was a girl this time. 100% sure! It was a relief knowing I didn't have to return all the girl stuff I had already bought. Then they did a really thorough examination of the baby to make sure everything was developing properly. Luckily baby is healthy and right on track. We are so happy about that! My doctor told me I am a pro at being pregnant because everything looks great. They recorded the ultrasound on a DVD for us and also gave us some pics. They did the 4-D ultrasound, which some people think looks weird, but when you are the parent you think it is the cutest thing ever! haha... I loved it. I am seriously amazed at the technology they have these days. So far I've had 4 ultrasounds and it is really remarkable to me how much this baby grows and develops in such a short time. It will most likely be the last ultrasound I have during my pregnancy, I'm going to miss seeing our little girl each month!
Here are a few pictures from the ultrasound:
| Baby girl @ 19 weeks. |
| 4-D image. I think she's so cute! Right now she weighs about 10 oz. and is about the size of a mango. |
| Putting her hands by her face. |
A few other fun things from this week. We got our stroller and carseat in the mail! I went with a Britax. It had great reviews and I liked how it was a travel system but the stroller only had 3 wheels and seemed lighter. I've also really started feeling baby move this week. She seems to be most active in the afternoons and early evenings. Sometimes I wonder if she is jumping on my bladder. I can't wait until Dan will be able to feel her moving too.
I keep wanting to start the nursery but we are waiting until our basement is finished (it's about half way). Once it's done we can move all of our study/craft room stuff downstairs and then we can start on the nursery. I've got lots of ideas and we bought lots of furniture at Ikea last week for the nursery, but most likely the basement won't be done for another month or two.
I'm feeling really good lately and just can't wait to meet our baby girl!
So excited for you guys! And you're right...she IS beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteOh, she's cute! And she'll probably sleep like that all through childhood!
ReplyDeleteHow fun!! I love the 4D image!! I bet you're having a great time planning the nursery. You should post photos once you are able to actually get it started!
ReplyDeleteha. Sometimes because your blog is private, I don't check it as much. Thanks for appeasing my personal desire for updates :) I am one of those crazies who think the 4d ultrasounds are cute, but I know what you mean about being a parent because I never understood why people posted pictures of their ultrasounds, but it's so fun to see cute things like your little girl putting her hands up by her face!! I can't wait until she's born. Then someday I have to move to where you live, and our girls can be friends and we can do crafts together and run our own preschool.
ReplyDelete