August 25, 2012

Back to School

Everyone has been asking me how my job is going, so I thought I'd do a little blog update.  I started working a week and a half ago and I have to say, I was absolutely exhausted after the first day!  My body went from laying on the couch most of the day to spending the day walking all over a school (somehow the classroom I'm in just happens to be on opposite ends of the school from the special ed. room).  I came home thinking... "what am I doing???!"  But since then it has gotten a lot better.  I'm still tired every day, but I like that it gets me out of the house and I'm starting to tell myself the walking all over the school is good exercise!  I am working with the same kids I had last year, so instead of being in kindergarten we have all moved up to first grade.  The adjustment from kindergarten to first grade is difficult because these kids aren't used to staying all day long.  By the end of the day they are so tired.  But we're working through it!

I'm also happy to report I am over the morning sickness phase.  Yay!!!  I haven't thrown up in a few weeks and the nausea is gone (for the most part).  I started feeling better about 2 days before school started.  Seriously an answer to my prayers.  I knew If I was sick there'd be no way I could work.  But now I feel good, just tired.  Some foods are starting to sound better and I had my first real pregnancy craving this week.  I woke up from a nap and all I could think about was a Digiorno stuffed crust pizza!  Something I have not had in years.  I just kept imagining the stuffed crust and it's the only thing that sounded good.  So Dan and I ran to the store to get some.  It did satisfy my craving, but tasted way better in my head.

And lastly, a little story from work...  so I was walking a boy back to class and he said to me "Miss Michele, I think you got taller over the summer!"  and I said "oh yeah?  What about fatter?"  he replied "nope, you still look skinny to me!"  Then I proceeded to tell him I was pregnant and that in a few months I might not look so skinny.  However, I don't feel skinny anymore, but everyone keeps telling me I don't even look pregnant yet.  I definitely have more of a belly than I've ever had in my life though!  But I'm fine with being small, otherwise I can't imagine how I'd be by 9 months.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about being tired after going back to school! There were some days when I'd come home and not even turn on the lights - just drop my bag and go straight to nap-land! Reading this post made me remember that I was pregnant and working my entire first trimester and there were maany times when I just had to sit at my desk and take deep breaths so that I didn't throw up.

    I'm still so excited for you to be having a baby. I definitely think you need to post more pregnancy updates so that you can remember everything (and so that I can remember everything through you :D)

    ReplyDelete