March 3, 2012

Parade of Homes

In my last post I said I would blog about the Parade of Homes.  The Parade is my most favorite event in St. George!  I have been looking forward to it ever since last year's Parade.  This year I was even lucky enough to work at the Parade!  I worked as a host for Ivory Homes (same people who built our house), meaning I stood at the door and marked off people's tickets.  I had fun and enjoyed talking to lots of people and answering their questions (which most of the time I didn't even know the answer).  I was surprised to meet people from across the country who had come just to see the Parade.  I wish I took more pictures of the Ivory Home, because their decor was one of my favorites.  Unfortunately the only picture I snapped was of the bathroom because I liked the wallpaper and I'm considering a rectangle sink for our basement bathroom...

Loved the wallpaper!  What do you think... rectangle sink?
I took a few more pictures but they are mostly for Dan and I to get some ideas on what to do in our basement and backyard.  Here are a couple of fun things we saw though (neither of which we will be doing in our home)....

A 50s diner in a house?!  Odd, but picture worthy.  I personally wouldn't want it.
My dream fire pit!
Dan and I are planning on putting a fire pit in our backyard but I'm afraid it won't be nearly this awesome.  If we had the space though, this is what I'd want.  We are excited to have a fire pit though, s'more party at our house! :)

We loved the Parade this year.  We saw 25 of the 28 homes and got lots of great ideas for our home!  Can't wait til next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment