Back in January I knew I wanted to go somewhere for Spring Break, I just wasn't sure where.... until Jet Blue had flights to California for $29 each way. Sold! So last week we went to Newport Beach with my sister and her husband (they couldn't pass up such a great deal either!) Here are some highlights of our trip:
- Found out Jet Blue is the best airline! More leg room (major plus for Dan), each person gets their own tv, actually left on time, better variety of snacks, and great ticket prices (when on sale)!
- Visited Yogurtland twice! It is my favorite frozen yogurt place. Only two exist in Utah, neither of which are in St. George. Since it was just down the street from our hotel, we had to take advantage of the goodness!
- Whale watching. More like dolphin watching, but fun nonetheless. The dolphins were actually my favorite part. They would swim right next to the boat. We probably saw 100 dolphins and only 1 whale.
- The Beach.
- Walked around Balboa Pier.
- Rented a surrey and rode it along the boardwalk. Surreys look so ridiculous, I have always wanted to rent one!
- Knotts Berry Farm, where I rode some of the scariest coasters of my life!
- South Coast Plaza- the largest mall I have ever been to.
- Rainforest Cafe.
- Lots of games of Bohnanza each evening.
Now for my loads of pictures (most of which I stole from Jannifer, I forgot my camera)! Disclaimer: For some reason my hair is crazy in most of these photos. I blame the humidity, my poor hair is used to very dry weather.
 |
| Our whale watching boat. |
 |
| Ready to see some whales! |
 |
| Janni & Danny, our travel buddies! |
 |
| Dolphins! They're so cute! |
 |
| The best whale picture we got. I promise there is a whale where the water is a little white-ish. |
 |
| Sea lions just bein lazy. |
 |
| The beach! |
 |
Our surrey!
|
 |
More Beach
|
.JPG) |
Rainforest Cafe
|
.JPG) |
| The aquarium by our table. |
.JPG) |
| At South Coast Plaza. This mall was so huge they had 3 Macys! Regular Macys, Macys for Men and Macys Home. |
 |
| Jannifer & Dan on the ride that takes you really high and drops you. I hate these rides. Danny and I passed on this one! |
 |
| Me in my car! |
 |
| On the ferris wheel. I don't like ferris wheels much either, but this one wasn't too high. |
.JPG) |
| Our prize from the basketball game! Another stuffed animal for our collection- you have no idea how many carnival games Dan has played! |
.JPG) |
| I just like Dan's face in this photo. |
.JPG) |
| Meeting Snoopy! I always wonder who is really under that costume! |
.JPG) |
| I got soaked on the rapids ride! |
.JPG) |
| And yes we did pay $5 for the dryer. Which for your information, doesn't really work. Don't waste your $$$! |
And that was our trip! There were so many pictures you probably felt like you were on vacation with us :).
Loved the pictures. Wish I was on vacation with you guys. Glad you had fun.
ReplyDeleteYay for Spring Break! We had tons of fun!
ReplyDelete