February 25, 2012

v-day & president's day

I know most people posted about their Valentine's Days a long time ago.  I am just now getting around to it!  Holidays are always fun when you work at a school.  I got a bag full of valentines from all the kids.  They were SO excited to give them to me.  I think the #1 candy I got from them were fun dips!  Somehow those just don't sound quite as appealing as when I was a kid.  Dan wanted to come home early and do cute things around the house for me, but I got off of work early and foiled his plan (sorry, honey!).  We still had a good time together though.  Dan got me pink roses (my favorite), I got him a game for us to play together (and a grill... remember from last post?), and he also got the chain on one of my necklaces fixed.  We then went to Red Robin and shockingly did not have to wait at all.  We walked right in and sat down.  It was great.


Over President's Day weekend my parents came to visit us!  We went to the Parade of Homes together (which I will blog more about later) and we celebrated my Dad's birthday.  The men also went golfing (of course).  Here are a few pics....

My parents! They are so cute.
My Dad and me!  I made him a boston cream pie.
Us!
In other news... a Gap Outlet just opened here and I'm so excited!  My friend and I checked it out yesterday and it was fabulous.  You see... the shopping in St. George is um... just ok.  But with the addition of Gap I feel we are moving up in the world!  haha.  It's kind of perfect because it's next to the new Old Navy and the new Dick's Sporting Goods.  So while I'm clothes shopping Dan can enjoy the sporting goods store.  I can't think of a better arrangement!  

Today is going to be a sunny, beautiful day!  We are going to be grilling with some friends this weekend as well as building more garden boxes and finishing up the parade of homes (so far we've seen 25 of the 28 homes).  Have a great weekend, everybody!  

2 comments:

  1. We tried going to Red Robin too but it was a 45 minute wait :( So we went across the hall to Wingers and walked right in. That looks like a good spot for the garden boxes- I bet it's nice to have a yard to be able to do that now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a fun weekend. Um, my kids were all fighting over the fun dips ha ha. Your pie looks so yummy too.

    ReplyDelete