August 22, 2011

Life is Good!

Everyone has been asking how my new job is going and it's good!  So far I am really liking it.  Last week I helped out in the special ed. classroom b/c the kindergartners had not started yet.  I had a lot of fun working with this one 3rd grade girl.  She is really cute and we have become good friends.  I will still get to see her every day because I am always her lunch buddy.  On Friday we even had a princess party with the 2 girls that were there.  We watched "Tangled", made necklaces, and colored Disney Princesses.  The whole time I was thinking "I actually get paid for this???"

Today I spent my time in the kindergarten with the kids I will be helping from now on.  I help one little boy in a wheelchair get around the classroom and the rest of my time is spent as an aid helping out the whole class.  The day went well and I'm excited to get to know the kindergartners better.

I am loving working just part time!  The hours are really fabulous.  It's so nice to be able to come home and relax (and sometimes clean & run errands).  It is exactly what I wanted.  I can't wait til we move and I can walk to work!

As for our house, it is going to be done this week!  We checked it out yesterday and the inside is basically finished.  They are now working on the landscaping.  We do our final walk through on Friday to make sure everything is how we want it.  We are getting so excited!  I think our plan is to move Labor Day weekend.

I know I already posted about it, but we had a great anniversary!  The restaurant we went to was awesome.  We loved it.  It's a steakhouse but they also have fondue.  Dan got steak and I got shrimp and scallops.  We cooked them on these 700 degree rocks at our table.  It's neat because every bite is warm and you can cook your food to the doneness that you want.  We also tried the chocolate fondue and loved it!  I think next time I just want to go for the fondue :).

Dan cooking his steak.
Yummy fondue!!!
We've been super busy lately, actually.  Just this past weekend we had some good friends stay with us and we all went to Zions together.  It was an awesome trip!  I will have to post pictures soon.  Other than that we are just focusing on working and moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment