A few people have been asking me how our house is coming along... so... here is the latest picture:
It looks like it's made of concrete! But... I guess that's what they put on it before the stucco. I heard today they were putting the tile in, which I would really like to see. Most of the home building process has gone along smoothly, except for the tile! We've had to choose tile 3 times now. For some reason every tile we choose gets discontinued by the manufacturer. It's not Ivory's fault, but we did tell them to find a new tile place. Although the tile has worked to our advantage, our realtor has felt bad about the little tile fiasco so he upgraded our tile to better tile for free (and by better that means bigger... 14x14 instead of 12x12 or something).
As of now the house is scheduled to be finished the 3rd week of August. Which also happens to be the week of our anniversary. Sounds like a great anniversary gift to me! :)
In other news, I applied for a job and interviewed last week. It's at the school right down the street from our new house. I'm hoping to get it so I can just walk to work! The interview went well, but I'm still waiting to hear from the principal. I would basically be the reading specialist for the school. I would work 3 hours a day with the lowest readers in the school (mostly grades k-3). Sounds perfect to me :). I would follow a reading program they have, but still have the flexibility to do some of my own lesson planning. Let's hope it works out!

The house is looking great, I cannot wait to see the final product! It was so fun to see you guys last week! I am looking forward to seeing you again soon :) And that job sounds great!
ReplyDeleteExciting news all around! I bet you are thrilled to nearly be done with your home. I started out as a special ed. aid and LOVED it. Also, I think it is great that you write everything down that you do. I bet you will love looking back and reading through all these thoughts/memories a few years down the road. Good luck with ALL endeavors! BYTHEWAY, I am super-impressed with your creativity blog.
ReplyDelete