July 6, 2010

Stadium of Fire

We had quite the 4th of July weekend, so it will have to be two posts. After all, since 4th of July was on a Sunday this year Utah had celebrations on both Saturday and Monday. It was great!
We started the weekend off by finally seeing Toy Story 3 Friday night. We both really liked it! Even if we did see it at a cheap-o theater.

On Saturday afternoon we went to the Freedom Festival in Provo. I didn't take any pictures because it really wasn't all that exciting. Mostly just booths set up selling things we didn't want. We did spend $1 on lemonade from Tucanos and that was it.

Saturday night we went to Stadium of Fire and we loved it! It was even better than I remembered from the last time I went. We got there and sat down and this lady asked us if we would switch her tickets so she could sit by her family. We said "yes" and got to move up much closer! It was a great trade :). The seats were not very spacious though, we were kind of squished in the middle of a row, but that's how every seat in the stadium is. Poor Dan... if I was uncomfortable, then I know he was definitely uncomfortable. I did take lots of pictures at this event. It was very picture worthy.

Here we are! And yes, we are matching :). Dan designed these shirts and won a design contest, so they gave us 2 free shirts.

Here are the red, white & blue dancers. They eventually formed an American Flag.

And then they had the largest Eagle Court of Honor ever. On the stage are all of the scouts receiving their eagles. They also had the oldest eagle scout alive say a few words... he's 90 something.

And this is Dan standing because they had all of the eagle scouts in the audience stand and be a part of the eagle's nest. Go Dan!

After a few other performances, Carrie Underwood sang. Here she is on the big screen.

And here she is on the stage. See the little white speck? haha... She did a great job! I only knew about half of her songs, but I really liked her performance. I think Dan may have even liked it too.

Then they literally had fire in the stadium as they played the Stadium of Fire theme song! It was an intro to the best fireworks show I have ever seen! And now a few firework pictures... which really do not do justice to how awesome they were.


We had a great time at this fantastic celebration! I kind of want to go every year now... as long as the main performer is a good one. Thanks Dan for going with me! :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys had fun! I have heard that the Stadium of Fire fireworks are the best! And way to go Dan on being an eagle scout! It is nice to have husbands who have their eagle. Matt always makes sure he puts it on his resume :)

    ReplyDelete