The second part of our Fourth of July celebration took place Monday morning at the Provo parade. Luckily my sister's fiance, Jared, lives right on the parade route. So instead of camping out like most of Provo to stake out our spots, we arrived 1 hour early and could see perfectly. We did, however, pay for parking. It was ridiculous trying to find a spot on the road, so we ended up parking in a lot and paying a small fee to the boy scouts. It was definitely closer than any other spot we'd be able to find though. We made our way over to Jared's and luckily he has a trampoline in his yard, so we were able to sit on the trampoline above the crowd in front of us and we had a great view the whole time. I had talked to my brother earlier and he and his family were coming to the parade too. They weren't sure where to sit so I told them to come over to Jared's. I knew his yard was big enough for everyone :).

Here we are. In our matching shirts, again. But don't worry, I promise I washed them before we wore them a 2nd time.

The cute family: Tim, Katie, Chase & Riley. Chase did awesome at the parade, he loved seeing the firetrucks at the beginning (i think there was one from every city in utah county... almost). By the 2nd half he was done watching the parade and was more interested in jumping on the trampoline. But hey, even I thought the parade got a little long.

Chase had a little American Flag which he used as a wand to cast spells on me like Harry Potter.

And here is Jared & Noelle. Thanks again Jared for letting us sit at your house! I told him he could never move so we would always have good parade seats. I don't know if Noelle would want to live in that house forever though.

And here's the BYU float. I had to get a pic, I am alumni after all.

And here are the Provo missionaries. They got the largest round of applause out of anyone in the parade.
The rest of the parade entries were mostly beauty queens, marching bands or some type of military vehicle. It was fun though... just a little repetitive.
That evening we had a family BBQ. Because you have to have a BBQ on the 4th (or 5th in this case)... It might almost be considered un-American if you don't :). Anyway, I forgot to take pictures, but it was delicious! I always love a good BBQ.
Hope everyone else had a great 4th of July weekend too!
You are really lucky you didn't have to camp out, especially since it is a little long/boring after a while. I'm glad the missionaries got the most applause, they deserve it more than the beauty queens :P
ReplyDeletePS I also like that you clarified about washing the matching shirts. hahaha
I love your playlist. I'm going to have to steal some songs. :) Nice shirts. I don't believe you that you washed them. j/k
ReplyDelete