May 17, 2010

New car. Love it!

Dan and I have been thinking about getting a new car for a while. We wanted something a little bigger, something we could grow into, and something that would do well in the snow (since we've decided to stay in Utah a little longer... maybe forever, not really sure at this point). Anyway, I've been borrowing my parents car while they are gone and Dan has had his car for a really long time, so we decided now was a good time to start looking w/ my parents coming back in just over a month.

Dan was really interested in Hondas. So we went to the Honda dealership Friday night just to see what the interiors were like and to test drive them a little. We liked them... kind of... but they were also super pricey! We then came across a Mitsubishi Outlander and I really liked how it looked. We took it for a drive and Dan even liked it- mostly b/c he could actually fit in it comfortably. We decided to go home and think about it. We also did a little research on Outlanders and found great reviews. It was definitely at the top of my list. Dan liked Honda's CR-V too, but I wasn't really a fan.

Then Saturday morning we decided to go to a nearby Mitsubishi dealership to see what they had, so we would have something to compare to the one we saw the night before. We looked at 2 Outlanders and really, really, really liked one of them! After a little negotiating and talking it over, we felt great about it and decided to get it! We feel we got a great deal and it was everything we were looking for, plus more!

I was going to take pics of it, but never did. This is what it looks like though....

There is just something so fun about driving a new car! We love it and are very happy with our purchase.

Oh and I forgot to mention, this is my 100th post! Hooray! What a great way to celebrate :)

6 comments:

  1. oh fun! i love it! that is definitely a reason to celebrate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I remember when Matt and I bought our first car together, it for sure feels like you are signing your life away :) We are starting to feel the new car bug as well. But we have 2 cars that still function, work for our family, and are paid off...so we are trying to put the responsible thoughts before the wanting thoughts :) That is awesome you guys found a car before your parents get home, and it sounds like it was time for a new one anyway! It looks like a nice car, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the 100th post! And I love your car too! I am a big fan of hatchbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooo I like it! you'll love the bigger car!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a beautiful vehicle Dan and Michele. Take care of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the car Michele, it is so beautiful! I bet you are just loving driving it around. So much fun!!

    ReplyDelete