April 27, 2010

Chocolate

This summer I am looking forward to a lot of things... my parents coming back, Noelle getting married, family reunion, etc...  I was also looking forward to getting a new phone.  Because Verizon upgrades every 2 years, right?  Wrong!  They actually upgrade every 20 months!  Who knew?  Well I didn't until Sunday when my friend, Tara, informed me at church.  This means my free upgrade came in March and I didn't even know it!  So last night for our FHE activity Dan and I went and picked out new phones.  Dan hasn't upgraded his phone in FOUR years!  I'm not even kidding, he just never found one he liked.  But I finally pushed him to pick out something new- especially since his phone would ring only half of the time when I would try to call him... old, broken phone!

Anyway, this is the phone I picked...













Isn't it cute?  I thought so.  It's a Chocolate Touch (I really liked the name).  I am still trying to decide if I like the touch screen.  I'm always pushing buttons I don't mean to push!  Oh well, let's hope I get used to it.  Dan got a much less high tech phone.  He's so funny, he just wants something that will talk and text.  That's it!  None of the bells and whistles.  Which I am actually grateful for- it's nice having a husband who doesn't want to spend money on all the latest and greatest technology.  He's got his nice tv and he's happy :).  Plus Dan says he works on a computer all day long and doesn't see why he would need/want to be connected to the internet at all times.  I love my husband.  I'm also proud of him for getting us sweet deals on our phones... let's just say he's a great negotiator. 

And last thing... UPS tried to deliver my sewing machine yesterday but I was gone!  I'm staying home all day and cleaning, just to make sure I don't miss it! 

I just realized this post makes me sound spoiled!  haha... I promise I don't always get this much new stuff.  But it's true, Dan does spoil me.  And I'm fine with it :).

1 comment:

  1. You have got to be kidding me! I am so glad I read your blog. I had no idea Verizon upgrades every 20 months! The girls broke my cell phone and I have been using a super crappy old one from like 4 years ago. It doesn't hold a charge for longer than like 12 hours! I am totally upgrading! Thanks for the tip! Yay! Yay! Yay!

    ReplyDelete