May 24, 2010

As of late...

I figure I might as well give a little update as to what we've been doing. Aside from buying a new car and going to Disneyland (which were probably the most exciting events as of late), we've still been busy.

This past weekend we saw the movie "How To Train Your Dragon," a movie both of us actually wanted to see (that is hard to come by). We both really enjoyed it. I thought the graphics were great and the main dragon was cute. The story was a little predictable, but still fun. It also got me excited for Toy Story 3 this summer, which we saw a preview for.

On Saturday we had a ward BBQ which Dan was partially in charge of. It turned out great! We thought it would rain but we both prayed it would be sunny and amazingly the weather cleared up just in time for the BBQ. And when I say BBQ I actually mean they just ordered J Dawgs (a popular provo hot dog spot) for everyone. They had a lot of extras though, so we've been having J Dawgs for lunch since.

Saturday afternoon we went up to Midway to check out the house we will be staying at for our reunion this summer. Dan's brother, Ethan & his wife, Tiana, came with us. Midway is such a cute little Swiss town! The house was also really nice. We are excited for it! We then ate at a cute cafe there. I got pizza and it was sooo good! I am definitely planning on eating there again this summer.

I just got called to the nursery in our ward and I really like it! I know, some people probably think I'm crazy, but I truly enjoy it. It's nice to actually use my major (early childhood education). I taught the lesson yesterday about being happy and the kids seemed to really like it. Other than one kid kicking another kid in the face, I think it was a pretty good day.


I am so excited for this week because one of my best friends, Melissa, comes home from her mission on Thursdsay! Lucky for me, she has a layover in Utah, so I get to see her. She and I were roommates for 3 years and I can't wait to see her! She went to Montana and will be heading home to Cali for the summer.

Another good thing for this week, So You Think You Can Dance starts! Hooray! And the best news, American Idol finally ends! I have really not enjoyed this season. And yes, Dan and I watch too much tv, but we have tivo. It's just too easy for us to record everything and then watch it when we get a chance (plus we skip all the commericals). We were also happy about the outcome of Celebrity Apprentice- we were routing for Bret Michaels! And amazingly after having a brain hemorrhage and a stroke, he still appeared on the live finale.

Other than that I have just been cleaning all day! Both of my bathrooms are spotless. I just needed a little blogging break. Now I'm headed for the kitchen!

2 comments:

  1. Haha that's funny you got called in the nursery! You'll have so much fun. I miss it. PS I bet I know who did the kicking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Midway! You guys will have so much fun up there this summer :) Congrats on the nursery call, you will be great in there. Luke is in nursery, and it is just so fun to be with that age group...they are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete