March 12, 2009

Enchiladas

So last night I decided to try a new chicken enchilada recipe. I got the recipe off of kraftfoods.com. Which has some pretty good recipes. It sounded really good, however, before you put it in the oven it tells you to cover the enchiladas with salsa and cheese (no sauce). Dan doesn't really like salsa (he thinks it only belongs on chips), so I decided to put some enchilada sauce on it. Well.... we had this western family enchilada sauce that we had gotten at Macey's, it's a kind we've never tried, but it was cheap. I then put them in the oven and 20 min. later we were ready to eat. So... turns out, the enchilada sauce was DISGUSTING! probably one of the worst things i have ever tasted. I really think the enchiladas would have been good, but the sauce completely ruined them. We ended up just scraping the inside chicken part out, which was really good. I just wanted to warn everyone out there to NEVER buy western family enchilada sauce, it is horrible. I highly recommend the Old Elpaso brand, that's my personal favorite. Anyway, just thought i'd share that bit of advice for all of you.....

2 comments:

  1. Ahem. Speaking of enchilada recipies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the gross enchilatas. You should know that mom's recipe is always the best!

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete