October 29, 2012

Birthday Week

Most people know I love my birthday!  I make sure it is thoroughly celebrated every year.  I don't just celebrate for one day, but usually the whole month of October.  This means if I see something I like, I usually buy it and tell Dan "it's for my birthday!"  Or we might go out to dinner more than usual, or stop for cupcakes because hey, "it's my birthday month!"  I figure I might as well live it up!  And luckily I have an awesome husband who supports birthday month fully.

But this post is about Birthday Week.  I feel we did a lot the week of my birthday and I just considered it all part of the celebration.  My parents even came down to celebrate with us!  It also happened to be my fall break, which was perfect timing.

Here's what we did...

Saw Aladdin at Tuacahn!  We all really liked it.
"A whole new world!"
The next day we did a session at the St. George temple with my parents.  We were able to do some work for Dan's ancestors.  I love doing family names!  It was great being there and I loved going with my parents.  I just didn't love the part at the end when I really had to go to the bathroom (thank you, pregnancy!)

After the temple my mom and I went shopping while Dan & Dad went golfing.  This arrangement pretty much happens every time they visit.  My mom helped me pick out fabric to make a car seat cover and then we stopped at TJ Maxx.  Because what's a trip to St. George without a stop at TJ Maxx?

That night we went to the Piano Guys concert!  Unfortunately Steve, the cellist, wasn't there because his wife had a baby that day (good reason not to be there).  So it was just Jon.  But Jon always puts on a great show!  We really enjoyed it.  

My sister Jannifer & her husband, Danny, also happened to be at Piano Guys that night.  They were down in St. George celebrating their anniversary.  So after the show we met up with them for some Yogurtland!  I love Yogurtland!

Happy 2 years!

Parents!

Not the best photo of us, but had to show we were there too!

Then on my real birthday, my parents headed to Las Vegas for a wedding.  You see, when you are mission presidents you get invited to lots of weddings.  I feel like my parents have a wedding almost every weekend! While they were gone Dan took me maternity clothes shopping, then we stopped at Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory for caramel apples, and lastly we went to see the movie Hotel Transylvania.  It was sorta cute, but not anything I'd really rave about.

Once my parents were back we all went to Buca di Beppo for my birthday dinner.  Jannifer & Danny met up with us for that part too.  It was yummy (I definitely recommend their apple gorgonzola salad)!

We then ended the night with cake!  And yes Dan made my cake (he only had a little supervision from me).

Ahhh 26!

First cake Dan has ever made!  Turned out delicious!

Making a wish!
And that was birthday celebration for this year!  I think we did pretty well.  Thanks to Dan & my parents & Janni & Danny for celebrating with us!

I forgot to mention, Dan got me a serger as my birthday gift this year!  Can't wait to start sewing with it!  And thanks to my many other family members and friends for the phone calls, gifts, cards, facebook messages, texts, etc.  I felt very loved :).

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the birthday day, week and month! Glad to see you had lots of celebrating going on. Happy Birthday, Michele!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Happy Birthday Shel! I'm so glad we got to celebrate with you! Love you!

    ReplyDelete