January 8, 2012

Christmas & New Years

I have been trying to write this post for a week now!  Work has started back up again so I've been busy with other things.  But now that we have 9:00 church I've got the whole afternoon free!  We had a fun Christmas just the 2 of us.  We slept in, opened presents (Dan got me a Silhouette and I've already got lots of projects in mind...  I got him Wii Fit and I think I use it more than he does.  I love it!), had a yummy breakfast, went to church where Dan played a special musical number, and even had a district of missionaries (10 of them) over that evening for treats and a movie (17 Miracles).  I wish I took pictures of our celebration, but I didn't.  


For New Years we went to Southern California to spend time with Dan's family.  My favorite part was going to Santa Monica Pier.  It was a really neat place!   We walked along the beach and got lunch at a little beach cafe, rode the roller coaster on the Pier, and played a few carnival games.  We then walked up to 3rd street promenade, an outdoor mall with every store imaginable.  Unfortunately it was getting cold and foggy so we didn't stay too long.  That evening we rang in the New Year by playing games and eating chocolate fondue.  

I did snap a few photos with my new iphone (other x-mas gift... i love it.  it definitely lives up to the hype).  

The Pier.  You can kind of see it amid the fog.

Santa Monica beach.

On the Pier.  And freezing a little bit.

3rd Street Promenade.  The football is Dan's prize from one of the carnival games.

Happy New Year!

We also went mini golfing one night in CA.  I did horrible.
We had so much fun we've decided to go back to So. Cal during my spring break in March!  When we saw Jet Blue had tickets for $29 each way we knew we couldn't pass up that kind of deal.  We'll be spending most of our time in Newport Beach.  I'm already looking forward to whale watching and the Newport Beach Temple!

No comments:

Post a Comment