Tonight was a perfect fall night. It started out with a dinner of chili and cornbread. Followed by FHE. Our activity was visiting the pumpkin patch (only 1 block from our house). It was the first time I had ever been to a pumpkin patch (that i can remember).

Searching for the perfect pumpkin...

Dan's criteria: the biggest one he could find.

My criteria: perfectly round and not too heavy.

Found it!

Ta da!

We had a fabulous time!
We then came home and enjoyed some delicious pumpkin bars/cake, which i found
here on Food Network. Super easy and good! They were the perfect ending to a fall evening.
THAT'S what I miss...a REAL pumpkin patch where the pumpkins actually grow and you can cut them from the vine. You just don't see that in California anymore. Guess I need to bring my kids out to UT for the authentic experience.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great FHE, we are hoping to get to a patch this next Monday. With Matt being out of town so much, we haven't had a chance to go yet this year. I am going to have to check out that dessert you made as well!
ReplyDelete