We swam, shopped (which i loved, dan spoiled me cuz it's birthday month!), ate, slept, went to the movies... twice, visited the temple (just the visitors center), went to tuacahn and enjoyed being together. Here are a few photos...
So... we did go to St. George for a nice weekend getaway, but we also went for another reason... we are moving there! Dan was offered a great job there and has decided to take the position. We went down to check out the area and to find a place to live. Luckily we found a really nice apartment close to everything (it also had everything on my wish list, which was... a pool and an exercise room). At first I really did not even want think about leaving our family, friends, and home here, but... after visiting the area it has really helped me feel much better about our decision. I am excited/nervous for this new adventure in our lives. I have lived most of my life in Northern Utah and I know St. George is not all that far, but I am excited to see how Southern Utah treats us. I look forward to great weather, new scenery and seeing more shows at Tuacahn :). I also hope many friends and family will come visit us! You know you are always welcome. Any time you need a break from the snow, give us a call! But you don't have to say goodbye quite yet, we are planning on moving the beginning of December (just when it starts to get cold here).
How exciting! Congratulations! I bet your kindergarteners are going to be sad though.
ReplyDeleteWow, sounds like a fun weekend! I bet you'll really like it down there, especially the warmer weather. Good luck, you guys!
ReplyDeleteCongrats to Dan on the new job! What an exciting new adventure! We will for sure have to come visit you because I want to see The Little Mermaid next year :) We will miss having you guys up here though!
ReplyDeleteMich...that sounds fun...you'll be closer to me now! Moving away from family is sad...but it has been a fun little adventure for us and I'm sure it will be for you too! You'll have to post pictures of your new place!
ReplyDeleteI'm pretty jealous- the weather down there will be so nice this winter!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the job! I am SO excited for you! And we will definitely be taking you up on your offer to visit in the winter. Oh Yay! I love vacationing in St. George. We have a lot of fun memories there. There is TONS to do and Vegas is not far away. Maybe we should move there. Ha. Ha.
ReplyDelete