March 1, 2010

Blanket party

I've really been wanting to do that Disney give a day, get a day program, so I finally signed us up! Our service was to make fleece blankets for an organization that gives them to children in need. Each person was supposed to make 3 blankets. I signed up Dan and myself and then my sister Noelle and her boyfriend Jared wanted to do it too. If you haven't heard of the program, basically you give a day of service and then you get a free day at Disneyland.

On Saturday night we all got together for a blanket making party. I had already made 3, so we were just working on Dan's 3. Noelle and Jared had 6 to make. Amazingly, we made them in the EXACT same amount of time! But my partner got a little distracted by the Olympics... ok... a lot distracted. But hey, we got them all done!

Noelle tying knots

Dan with our dog blanket... it was my favorite one

Noelle and Jared with their final blanket

Displaying a few of our finished blankets

We are really excited to go to Disneyland, but it was also a lot of fun doing service together. I think it's a great program Disney has set up. If you are interested in doing it, you can look at their website here. I believe they are only doing the first million people though, so you should sign up soon!

3 comments:

  1. Hey I got that same rubber duck print! And I got a dog print very similar to yours. I am part way done with one of the blankets, but I need to get mine done and then help Matt with his! Glad you found this service project and shared it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reminder. I just sent an email to set up a date for my family to go help out in the orem parks. Your blankets look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a pretty nice reward for a little bit of service. The blankets look great!

    ReplyDelete