As for Thankgiving, we stayed here and enjoyed the week off. We had dinner with Dan's sister, Anna, his brother, Ethan, and Ethan's wife, Tiana. It was a small group, but we had a great time and still managed to make enough food to feed twice that many people :). I even made my very first turkey! I was nervous, but it actually turned out really good! Dan was happy it was even moist! I did a lot of research online beforehand to help me figure out how to make the perfect turkey. It actually wasn't as hard as I thought.
After dinner the boys did the dishes :) And then we all went to see "New Moon." I thought it was ok. I dunno, I just think the Twilight series make better books than movies. I know Dan was extremely bored... but such a great husband for still going with me! The funniest part of the movie was when Jacob, one of the characters, takes his shirt off and during this part the theater was silent, so Dan let out a loud "Ye-uh!" It was hilarious. Everyone in the theater started laughing. Oh that husband of mine- maybe you had to be there.
Then on Black Friday, Dan got up at 4 am to go to a store to get me my Christmas present. Ok he didn't really get up, he actually watched tv until about 3:15 am and then headed out shopping. He figured if he went to bed, he wouldn't have gotten up. And the whole time I was sound asleep. I have no idea what he got or what store he went to, but it must have been a pretty good deal for him to go to such measures. I'm excited to see what it is! I went shopping later that day with my sister, Noelle, (while Dan was home asleep) and it was horrible, I ended up buying things for just me! How could I resist? Gilmore Girls seasons were only $15 :)
On Saturday we went up to Logan to visit our new nephew named Logan. He is so cute! And then sunday morning we had another nephew born on Dan's side- his name is Donovan. We have yet to meet him (they live in Cali). But congrats Christian & Gina!
Anyway, it was a fabulous break!
Then on Black Friday, Dan got up at 4 am to go to a store to get me my Christmas present. Ok he didn't really get up, he actually watched tv until about 3:15 am and then headed out shopping. He figured if he went to bed, he wouldn't have gotten up. And the whole time I was sound asleep. I have no idea what he got or what store he went to, but it must have been a pretty good deal for him to go to such measures. I'm excited to see what it is! I went shopping later that day with my sister, Noelle, (while Dan was home asleep) and it was horrible, I ended up buying things for just me! How could I resist? Gilmore Girls seasons were only $15 :)
On Saturday we went up to Logan to visit our new nephew named Logan. He is so cute! And then sunday morning we had another nephew born on Dan's side- his name is Donovan. We have yet to meet him (they live in Cali). But congrats Christian & Gina!
Anyway, it was a fabulous break!
Yay for Christian and Gina! That is exciting! Also your Thanksgiving looked wonderful! And I wouldn't have been able to resist Gilmore Girls either. That is how I got most of mine is when they were on sale like that! Oh and I love that Dan yelled out in the movie theater! That is awesome!
ReplyDelete