October 23, 2009

Wall Art

So I've been wanting to put some type of art above our couch in our living room. I didn't really want to go out and spend a fortune, so this is what I did...

I got the idea from Better Homes and Gardens. I love their website. And here is a closer look...

Ok mine don't look quite as good as theirs, but it still saved me money and I had fun doing it. I've also been wanting to put something above our bed. But Dan never wanted to because he didn't want it falling on his head. So this is what I came up with...

Vinyl lettering! It says "Always kiss me goodnight". Now i just need a beautiful headboard and the look would be complete :) And Dan doesn't have to worry about this falling on his head.

5 comments:

  1. It looks great! I especially love the vinyl lettering above the bed...brilliant! I have the same concern with things falling on my head...that's what happens when you grow up in earthquake country. But it drives me nuts to not have decorations above the bed! I'm stealing this idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you are getting quite crafty yourself!! I love the vinyl letters above your bed. That is why I put vinyl above Luke's bed. It must be because Dan and I lived in Cali and know that if an earthquake hits we don't want anything above our head :) I love the blocks on your new accent wall as well, it looks darling! I want to do something like that in my kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heyyy... That's what did! The living room ones. But our are in the dining room and we only have four. Cute idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute! Happy birthday last Tuesday, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle...you are amazing! Miles away now, and you still inspire me :0).

    ReplyDelete