April 11, 2012

Easter

I'm gonna be honest, we really didn't do much for Easter this year.  It really snuck up on us!  I was too busy thinking about conference, finishing our backyard (pictures soon...), and our Vegas trip that I completely forgot to decorate (which is very unlike me).  Luckily I did not forget to buy Cadbury mini eggs.  I also bought myself a new skirt to wear and told Dan it was his Easter present to me.  I then decided to get Dan a game so he would have an Easter present too.  At church Dan and I sang in the choir and I took marshmallow bunnies to my nursery kids.  In nursery we also had the kids make popcorn trees with real popcorn, just like the song.  It turned out so cute!

That evening my brother & his wife & kids stopped by for the night on their way to Arizona.  It was fun to see them for a little bit and I finally got to meet my newest nephew, David!

David & me.
My nephew Jake told us all about how you can find owls in the desert at night.  So Dan took the 2 oldest boys out searching for owls once it got dark.  They had flashlights and wandered around our neighborhood apparently spotting some interesting "animals."  My nephew Ethan even claimed he saw a cheetah!  How awesome :).  It was so funny.  The next morning we spent some time at the park with the boys while their parents packed the car.  It was a fun quick visit!

Guess what else I did this week?  I tried Zumba!  A group of ladies in my ward go each week so I joined them and it was quite the workout.  I was really tired by the end, but had a lot of fun.  I did feel a little ridiculous because it felt like everyone around me knew all of the dances, but I'm sure it gets easier the more you go.  I am hoping to start going with them each week.

It was nice to have a long weekend, but I was back to work Tuesday.  I think only 31 school days left, then summer!

1 comment:

  1. Popcorn tree!? What a good idea! I didn't decorate either, and it was a weird feeling

    ReplyDelete