February 15, 2009

Our first valentine's as married people!

So Dan and I celebrated our first married person valentine's together and had a lot of fun. I decided I would blog a little about it :)

We woke up Saturday morning and Dan was sick! He came down with a bad cold, so he slept in while I talked to my mom on the phone. She made heart shaped pancakes for my dad for breakfast (something she has done every year since i was little) and asked if i was going to do the same for Dan. I was... however, we already had pancakes that week, so I decided to make german pancakes. Wanting to be a little more festive i added some red food coloring. Instead of coming out pink, they turned kind of orange and Dan asked me why they were a "weird" color. haha...

After breakfast Dan gave me my present and I gave him his. I got him this board game called masterpiece that he really likes. It's a game they no longer make or sell in stores anymore, so I had to be creative and get it off of ebay- luckily my brother, Mark, helped me out with this. I also got him a Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolate heart with his name on it that i really want to eat! :) Dan gave me a game I wanted called Last Word, which i actually chose out for myself and opened last week! haha... then he gave me a surprise game, which was American Idol for playstation 2. It's pretty funny to play. Only we thought we would have to sing, but you just push buttons (or use to DDR pad) to make your person sing and if you do bad they sing horribly! it's kind of hilarious. Dan is always trying to find video games for me that i actually will enjoy playing.

Dan also got me flowers- which i picked out :) I wasn't going to, but I was at the store with him, so I just picked the ones i liked. Last year while we were dating Dan bought me gorgeous long stem pink roses and i loved them. But this year we decided we should save money and not spend a ton on flowers. So i didn't get roses this year, but i always love any kind of flower!

I was then supposed to go take a test for my language class, but who wants to take a test on valentine's day??? That's what i thought! So i stayed home and made heart shaped sugar cookies :) it was MUCH more fun. That just means i now have to take 2 tests on Tuesday morning.

That afternoon we went to the mall because I need professional clothes. We are supposed to dress up when we teach and I start teaching in a week, so I figured I might as well get a few new things to add to my wardrobe. I found some pants at American Eagle, but i am still on the hunt for some shirts-- any suggestions???

We then went to dinner at this place in Lindon called Wallaby's that I have been wanting to try. We thought it would be a nice sit down restaurant, but it was more of a cafe rio setup- where you just go through the line and then pick your own spot. The food was actually pretty good and it wasn't busy, so that was nice!

After that Dan was tired, so we came home. We had my sister Noelle come play games with us (we needed 3 people for masterpiece) and guess what? I won! I also won ticket to ride too- even though i kinda bent the rules just a little bit ;) but... Dan said I had to win on Valentine's day!

And that's about it. I loved spending time with my husband- i really don't know how i got so lucky... having Dan as my valentine! :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys had a happy valentines! When does your practicum start? I got a lot of pant/jacket combos at Kohls when I did my first practicum. Everything is always on sale there :)

    ReplyDelete