January 11, 2009

Recently

I guess I will just do a little update, because I feel like I haven't blogged in forever! First off, I started school again this week. I am doing what is called my "co-hort" semester. This means that I have the exact same people in all of my classes (16 girls) and during mid-semester we teach in an elementary school classroom for 6 weeks. All I can say is it's going to be a TON of work. I've already had some projects due and it's only the first week! Plus tons of reading. I like the girls in my classes though and all of my teachers are great too. I think it will be a busy and rewarding semester. I am still considering student teaching in the summer, but a part of me thinks I may just graduate in April and not certify. I'm still thinking about it.

This last week Dan went on a business trip to St. George for 1 night. It was our first night apart since we have been married and I did not like it! The house was waaaaay too quiet. Luckily I had about 2 hours of reading to do to keep me busy. He's back now and I was so happy to see him. Let's hope he doesn't have to leave again any time soon.

As you may have noticed, we put a new poll up. We are discussing possible places to live in the future. Dan likes any place without snow. I just like being near family. So you should vote! Of course, a lot depends on if Dan can find a job in any of those places in the future anyway. But it's still fun to think about.

Also, I am getting so excited for valentine's day! I'm trying to think of some cute craft I could make to decorate the house. Any ideas? I love making crafts! And I love holidays! Plus I already decided what I am going to get Dan as a present. I'm so excited!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are doing well. I think you should finish and certify!! It is so worth it :) Of course I am biased because I was a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele! I'm so glad that you found my blog and that we are blog friends now!! Your blog is adorable I love it! As for your poll, you guys should move to Houston, Texas- We are moving there this summer!! It's the 4th biggest city in the nation- Dan should definitly be able to find a job there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Dan and Michele,

    I love your t-shirt picture and the stick figure picture! Texas could be a good place to live and I would be able to visit somewhere new...yet Utah would be great and cheaper for me to come and visit!

    Loves, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for Valentine's Day too, I love your countdown, whatever you do craft, please show and tell, I love new ideas.

    ReplyDelete